Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra. So it's a win for everyone! Please note that I won't link any products I don't believe in or don't resonate with my blog site. Thank you!
Synchronicity signs: when ‘coincidences’ piling up on your way?
Are you also frequently experiencing that something happens in your life, that seems to be too coincidental to be just a coincidence? And do these moments keep piling up in certain periods of your life? Well, this happens to me a lot! Sometimes it feels like I am living in a very big puzzle and the pieces slowly keep coming my way. It feels like they’re all related in some weird way. You’re not the only one who is experiencing this and you are not losing your mind. It is experienced by many others and it even has its own name: synchronicity. All these moments are probably synchronicity signs. I like to see them as a big wink-wink from the Universe or your Inner Source to give you a signal that you are on the right path or to guide you in the right direction.
Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see.
~ Carl Jung ~
My life really seems to be an accumulation of synchronicities. A friend of mine often tells me my life is like an unsolved mystery, which I am slowly unraveling. And it feels exactly like this for me. I’m always very curious what synchronicity signs will cross my path next 🙂 A small selection of the synchronicity signs I have experienced:
- My first boyfriend and my husband share the same birthday.
- On my late grandfather’s discovered I was pregnant. My due date: my dad’s birthday!
- I’m born on Friday the 13th and my long-awaited desire to have children came true in the year I also had my birthday on Friday the 13th.
- I receive amounts of money at exactly the right moments, that have very clear purposes.
- My husband and I lived abroad for a while, where we befriended this amazing couple. In the days before we left, we tried to find a moment to say goodbye, but we didn’t manage to find a free spot in our agenda’s. So, we decided in app-conversation that there was not going to be a goodbye. One hour after this conversation we ran into them, in the middle of the city center of a very big city, when me and my husband were already heading back to our and on our way out of the city. They just got out of the bus and just arrived in the city They didn’t live close to the city centre, and they don’t come there very often either. But now ‘coincidentally’ they were there. We had a drink together and said our goodbye’s. 🙂
- Before we were even thinking about moving abroad, images of this place popped up in my mind all the time.
- When something special is taking place in my life, I oftentimes see the same numbers everywhere. Just before the birth of my saw the number 17 everywhere I looked. I still don’t know the exact meaning of it, but I think it was just a sign that everything was going to be okay.
- For my job I was doing some product research for a client and the first product I sent him was a toy for babies I had never seen before. The day after my daughter was gifted the exact same toy.
Most of these examples are quite recent. They popped up in my mind now because most of them are still fresh in my memory, but the list of synchronicity signs is endless, really!
This is called synchronicity – a state in which you almost feel as if you are in a collaborative agreement with fate.
~ Wayne Dyer ~
Carl Jung came up with the definition ‘synchronicity’
Psychiatrist and psychologist Carl Jung also knew this phenomenon and named it synchronicity in 1930. He introduced the definition of the term when he determined that the principle of causality was insufficient to explain certain remarkable events. He frequently found remarkable parallels in the dreams, pathologies, and experiences of his patients. Jung believed that synchronicities mirror deep psychological processes, send messages and give our lives meaning and direction.
Synchronicity means simultaneity. When two or more events occur approximately around the same time in a way that they have a meaningful connection to the person who is experiencing it, without it being causal. You experience it as more than just a coincidence because the two events don’t have anything to do with each other. They are small wonders that point to the existence of a bigger one.
thas little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don’t know how or why. – Albert Einstein
How do you recognize synchronicity signs?
We are often guided by our beliefs, religion, family, culture and other external factors. And we rather act on them instead of opening up to the signs of our Inner Source. Because a lot of our beliefs are actually blocking the signs. Maybe you receive sign after sign, but you’re so incredibly distracted, you can’t recognize them when they appear. But when you allow them into your life, you’ll find yourself on a magical path and you start to see the synchronicity signs everywhere. So, how can you start recognizing these signs?
Synchronicity sends you messages through your intuition and emotions. For example: you see someone who reminds you of someone else, you see an animal during a walk that has a special meaning to you. Or the same numbers or images keep appearing, you hear the same song
Do you experience this too? Then my advice to you is to listen to them, give the signs attention because they can guide you to more. Because a path that is connected to
Don’t forget that there are also synchronicity signs in our challenges. Even challenges cross your path with a reason and they are part of the synchronicity. So be aware of the signs you receive when it comes to the difficult situations in life. It will help you to accept the situation as it is and they will help you to find your way out of them.
Open yourself up to synchronicity signs with these tips:
- A clear mind helps, make sure you’re not distracted by thoughts, worries and doubts
- Ask a question about your life and look where your attention is drawn to later
- Follow the signs you get, they will lead you to the next one
- Try to remember the messages you receive in your dreams
- Use oracle or tarot cards
- Let the Universe know you are ready to receive the signs
- Keep a synchronicity journal and write down every sign you received + write down what you think that might be the meaning of this sign. After a while you start to see patterns
- Listen to your body
- Use affirmations or prayers
- And: don’t give up!
The Law of Attraction and Synchronicity
How is the Law of Attraction connected to synchronicity? If you apply the law of attraction to your life, you try to manifest that what you’re focussing on. When your manifestation becomes reality, this is synchronicity too. But synchronicity is mostly a good helper when you’re using the law of attraction. The signs remind you that your manifestation is on its way. When you apply the law of attraction your desire will not manifest itself immediately. There is some time in between. And during that time, those signs will come to you to tell you: Hang in ther
How did you experience synchronicity in your life? Let me know in the comments below!